Balsamic-dressed cucumber with olives
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
1. Run a fork down the length of the cucumber until it’s stripy all over.
2. On a chopping board, use a knife to chop off the ends.
3. Carefully cut them in half across the middle, then in half lengthways.
4. Use a teaspoon to gently scoop out and discard the seeds.
5. Chop the cucumber up into 1cm chunks and place in a mixing bowl.
6. Place the olives on a chopping board, squash them with the heel of your hand, pull out and discard the stones, then roughly chop them and add them to the bowl.
7. Trim and finely slice the spring onions and add them to the bowl.
8. Add the balsamic vinegar and 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
9. Squeeze in the juice of ½ a lemon, using your fingers to catch any pips.
10. Sprinkle over a pinch of black pepper.
11. Pick and tear over the mint leaves, toss everything together, then serve.