Grilled lamb chops with fattoush
Pittas & salad
Pittas & salad
Cooks In35 minutes 30
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 409 20%
Fat 22.4g 32%
Saturates 6.6g 33%
Sugars 4.5g 5%
Protein 33.9g 68%
Carbs 18.0g 7%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 4 x 100 g lamb chops
- olive oil
- 2 wholemeal pitta breads
- 1 sweet crunch lettuce
- 40 g rocket
- ½ a bunch of fresh mint
- ½ a cucumber
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon paprika , or sumac
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Trim and discard any thick pieces of fat from the lamb chops, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Tear the pitta breads into small pieces, spread out on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, quarter and roughly chop the sweet crunch lettuce, discarding any tatty outer leaves, then place in a large bowl along with the rocket.
- Peel and halve the cucumber lengthways, scoop out the seeds, then halve lengthways again, cut into small chunks and add to the bowl.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes and add to the bowl. Pick the mint leaves, discarding the stalks, then keep aside for later.
- Preheat the grill, griddle pan or barbecue to a medium heat and cook the lamb chops for 3 minutes on each side for a nice, pink, juicy chop, or a little longer if you like your meat well done, then remove to a plate to rest.
- Add the pitta pieces to the bowl of salad with the mint leaves, reserving a few of the smaller leaves.
- Squeeze over the lemon juice, drizzle over 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper, then toss together.
- Sprinkle over the paprika and the reserved mint leaves, then serve with the lamb chops, drizzled with the resting juices.
Make a delicious super-quick tzatziki-style dip by spooning a few dollops of natural yoghurt into a small bowl, adding a squeeze of lemon juice, ½ a deseeded and finely chopped cucumber, a little chopped mint, a pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.