Aubergine & pomegranate salad
Serves 4, as a starter
Cooks In20 minutes
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 201 10%
Fat 16.5g 24%
Saturates 4g 20%
Sugars 6.7g 7%
Salt 0.6g 10%
Protein 5.9g 12%
Carbs 7.3g 3%
Fibre 1.5g -
Of an adult's reference intake
- 450 g aubergine , (1-2, depending on size)
- olive oil
- 1 bunch of fresh mint
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 9 tablespoons thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 1 handful of pomegranate seeds
By Andy Harris
- Slice the aubergine into 1cm-thick rounds. Peel the garlic cloves.
- In a large pan on a medium heat, fry the aubergine slices in generous amounts of olive oil, about 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until golden brown – you will need to do this in batches, adding more oil as necessary, as aubergines absorb a lot.
- Transfer to folded paper towels to drain, and allow to cool before chilling until needed.
- For the dressing, pick and finely chop the mint leaves. Using a pestle and mortar, crush the garlic and a pinch of sea salt into a paste. When smooth, mix in the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar, pomegranate molasses and mint.
- Arrange the aubergine slices on a serving plate, then top with the yoghurt, drizzle over the dressing and scatter over the pomegranate seeds.