Duck egg frittata with peas & beans
Cooks In25 minutes
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 250 13%
Fat 14g 20%
Saturates 4.5g 23%
Sugars 2.3g 3%
Protein 16.6g 33%
Carbs 12.7g 5%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 300 g Jersey royal potatoes
- 150 g small broad beans
- 6 spring onions
- 1 green chilli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bunch of dill
- 6 duck eggs
- 150 g frozen peas , defrosted
- 1 punnet of cress
- 70 g fresh goat's cheese
By Joss Herd
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water until cooked but not too soft, then set aside to cool.
- Cook the broad beans in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Drain, then refresh in cold water. When the beans are cool enough to handle, peel the outer skins.
- Finely chop the spring onions and chilli. Heat the oil in a 23cm pan and fry the spring onions and chilli over a medium heat for 2 minutes until soft.
- Slice the cooled potatoes, add to the pan and cook gently for 2 minutes.
- Chop the dill, add to the eggs and beat. Season well.
- Preheat the grill to high. Add the broad beans and peas to the pan and stir to combine. Tip in the beaten eggs and cook over a medium heat for 4 minutes, until starting to set.
- Remove the pan from the heat, place under the grill and continue cooking the frittata until golden.
- Leave to cool slightly, then place a large plate upside-down over the pan and carefully turn it over so that the frittata falls onto the plate. Serve scattered with cress and fresh goat’s cheese.