Cooks In30 minutes plus chilling
DifficultyNot too tricky
Nutrition per serving
Calories 133 7%
Fat 9g 13%
Saturates 5g 25%
Sugars 4.5g 5%
Protein 4.7g 9%
Carbs 7.7g 3%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 1 onion
- 3 cucumbers
- 1.5 litres organic chicken stock
- ½ a bunch of fresh chives
- ½ a bunch of fresh parsley
- 2 lemons
- 200 ml single cream
By Andy Harris
- Peel and dice the onion and roughly chop the cucumbers.
- Melt the butter in a large pan and sauté the onions over a medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the cucumber, reduce the heat to low and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat again. Season well with sea salt and black pepper, and leave to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Chop and add the chives and parsley leaves, squeeze in the lemon juice and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and purée until smooth (in batches, if necessary).
- Place the soup in a bowl, allow to cool at room temperature, then refrigerate until cold.
- Whisk in the cream, season to taste, then serve.