Roast duck leg, cherry, watercress & feta salad
Cooks In45 minutes
Nutrition per serving
Calories 450 23%
Fat 31.7g 45%
Saturates 13.4g 67%
Sugars 15.6g 17%
Protein 24.7g 49%
Carbs 15.6g 6%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 2 duck legs
- 250 g cherries
- 100 g watercress
- 150 g feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin plum seed oil , (see note)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
By Paul Dring
- Preheat the oven to full whack.
- Put the duck legs on a baking tray, sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper, then put in the oven. Immediately turn the heat down to 180ºC/gas 4 and cook for about 35 minutes, or until the skin is crispy and the meat is moist and tender. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Destone and place the cherries in a salad bowl with the watercress. Crumble in the feta.
- Make the vinaigrette by mixing together the ingredients in a jar or glass.
- Shred the duck meat, add it to the bowl, pour over the vinaigrette, toss and serve.
If you don't have plum seed oil, use an extra teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, plus a few drops of almond essence.