Cooks In55 minutes
Nutrition per serving
Calories 126 6%
Fat 1.2g 2%
Saturates 0.2g 1%
Sugars 5.4g 6%
Salt 0.7g 12%
Protein 4g 8%
Carbs 24.8g 10%
Fibre 1.7g -
Of an adult's reference intake
- 4 raw beetroots
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 4 slices of sourdough
- 2 tablespoons creamed horseradish
- a few fresh chives
By Laura Fyfe
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Scrub the beetroots really well, then chop into wedges and place in a roasting tray.
- Add the vinegar, thyme and 4 tablespoons of water, then toss to coat (you may want to wear gloves!).
- Cover with tin foil and roast for 45 minutes, or until cooked through.
- When you're almost ready to serve, toast the bread and spread with the horseradish.
- Top with the roasted beetroot, then snip over chives and tuck in.