Cooks In20 minutes
Nutrition per serving
Calories 245 12%
Fat 14.3g 20%
Saturates 7.2g 36%
Sugars 21.7g 24%
Protein 3.6g 7%
Carbs 25.5g 10%
Of an adult's reference intake
- 130 g butter
- 150 g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
- 55 g cherries
- 55 g roasted pecans
- 225 g caster sugar
- 55 g cocoa powder
- 75 g plain flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 large free-range eggs
- 50 g milk or dark chocolate , optional
By Paul Dring
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4. Line a 20cm square baking tin (or the equivalent) with greaseproof paper.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water).
- Destone the cherries and roughly chop them along with the pecans. Stir into the melted chocolate, then take off the heat.
- In another bowl, add the sugar, then sift in the cocoa powder, flour and baking powder. Add to the melted chocolate mixture and stir till well combined.
- Beat the eggs and mix in. Roughly chop and stir through the milk or dark chocolate (if using).
- Transfer the mixture to the tin, then bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. You want them a little gooey in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the tray, before cutting into squares.